Pages

6.17.2014

Meet the TFW 2014 It Girls: Aly and Eve

We asked our TFW 2014 It Girls to answer a few questions so that we could get to know them better. Check out their answers below.

Follow Aly's Instagram - @alyjay_g
1. Tell us a little about yourself. Where are you from, how old are you, how did you first hear about TFW, and what are your plans for the next year?

I was born in Mesa, AZ. We lived in Las Vegas until I was around 7, and then moved to Tucson, where I was raised. I am now 18 and just graduated high school. Last year I started to hear things about TFW and kept asking myself how do I become a part of this? I then liked the Facebook page and continuously checked the blog website patiently waiting for the moment they would say they needed models. In the next year I plan on working, taking Pima classes along the way, continuing my model experience, and representing TFW.


2.How would you describe your personal style?

I'm rather casual. I'm a jeans and T-shirt kind of gal, but I like to add some retro sass.

3. Who's your style icon/personal It Girl?

My personal fashion icon is Chriselle Lim. She started out as a stylist, turned personal style blogger, turned YouTuber. I absolutely adore her. She is one stylish, classy, and chic young woman.

4. Let's talk about favorites: Food? Book? Music? Accessory? Beauty Trend?

Food: My grandma's stuffed peppers. So good!

Book: The whole Harry Potter series. It sounds really nerdy, but I love it.

Music: I enjoy all genres of music. I listen to a variety of artists. I rock out to some Metallica and when I'm feeling artsy, I listen to Young the Giant. To soothe me, I go for some Michael BublĂ© and then fan girl over boy bands.

Beauty trend: Love a coral/orange lip!

5. How does living in Tucson influence your style?

It's just a matter of dressing for climate. I wear shorts and skirts a lot but that's not a problem. I like showing off my long legs.

6. How did you first start modeling?

Modeling was always a thought in the back of my mind but I didn't get serious about wanting to model until a couple of years ago. I didn't know where to start but luckily my school had a fashion and modeling board program. I joined my last year of high school and it has opened many doors for me.

7. What would be your dream modeling job?

I think my dream modeling job, like most girls, would have to be Victoria's Secret. I mean who doesn't want to be a VS model?

Follow Eve's Instagram - @evesarris
1. Tell us a little about yourself. Where are you from, how old are you, how did you first hear about TFW, and what are your plans for the next year? 

I am twenty-four from Adelaide Australia, I came to Tucson 2009 to swim on the University of Arizona’s swim team and study a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography. I fell in love straight away with Arizona, the heat, sunshine, nature, and lifestyle all suited my personality and being. I actually first heard about TFW on Instagram. I saw the post and decided to give it a go. After recently graduating and completing my swimming commitments, with a new freedom and a lot more time I’m openly and actively seeking out new opportunities in the next year that will lead me to future goals.  

 2.How would you describe your personal style?
I would describe my personal style as being true to myself, what I feel comfortable in and what works for me in the moment.

3. Who's your style icon/personal It Girl?

I have many style icons a few are Erin Wasson, Jennifer Hawkins, Elle Macpherson and Grace Kelly.

4. Let's talk about favorites: Food? Book? Music? Accessory? Beauty Trend?

Food: I like to eat clean; lately I've been adding quinoa into many of my salads. 

Book: Plain and Simple by Sue Bender.

Music- that’s too hard for me I love music and have too many favorites. 

Accessory: I love Native American jewelry, I have a 1960 large turquoise stone Navajo bracelet that I love to wear, it’s very special to me. 

Beauty Trend: working out is my number one I love feeling healthy and strong.   

5. How does living in Tucson influence your style?

I've always been a desert child but the South West has influenced me with the unique beauty that it has to offer, I love the influence of the Native American community and I actively collect their art.

6. How did you first start modeling?

I've always liked being in front of the camera from a young age.

7. What would be your dream-modeling job?

My dream modeling job would be traveling the world and getting to a level that I would be working with very talented people in their fields from designers to photographers and parts of fashion industry.

Bloglovin  |  Twitter  |  Facebook


No comments: